[Savannah-hackers] Re: Licence question

From: Alessandro Rubini
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Licence question
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 17:35:35 +0200

RMS:
> Or do we want to have some kind of mirror in Europe?
> (Can that be done with CVS?  I would be surprised.)

Copying over data is not an issue (Loic suggests rsync), but the main
issue is, in my opinion, getting a second point to enter data. Not a
problem with email, a problem with CVS.

I heard that linuxdoc.org is having two or three CVS servers and you
could both download and upload to any of them. If there's interest, I
can ask about the technical solution they used. I am not in their
lists any more, but I may be able to get in touch with the right
people anyways.

Loic:
> The main concern is to be
> able to recover from a catastrophy (machine crash, earth quake in the
> boston area, takeover from the US government). For some organisations
> and people such a mirror is even a mandatory step to use Savannah.
>
> [...]
>       Technically speaking such a mirror may easily and efficiently
> be done with rsync.

Technically, this *is* a problem. If the original site is cleared by
US government, the automatical "rsync --delete" will vanish any
mirroring :)

/alessandro