[Savannah-hackers] [ 100055 ] Questions about non-gnu projects

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 100055 ] Questions about non-gnu projects
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 06:44:50 -0700

Support Request #100055, was updated on 2001-Jun-12 06:44
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=100055&group_id=11

Category: None

By: meuh
Date: 2001-Jun-12 06:44

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=769
Browser: Mozilla/4.76 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.5 i586)

I have some question about non-gnu project:
(My project is fbgetty)

  - Will non-gnu project get mailing list support ?
  - By default project homepage is set to
      http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/fbgetty
        the server seems to be misconfigured since it
always responds
        that i don't have permission to access
     But in the project history, there's an entry that
contains
      fbgetty.savannah.gnu.org: this host does not
exist so
      will it exist ?

  - The Files section of the project links to
     ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/fbgetty
       this location does not exist, and will it be
possible to
      upload file on ftp.gnu.org ?  But it's a strange
location since
     my project is non-gnu. Is there a possibility to
change that.

  - How work the web CVS? Will my pages being uploaded
on
       www.gnu.org (in /non-gnu/project or on
freesoftware.gnu.org)
       as gnu projects (in /software/project)

  - After importing my web page in the CVS, i get some
mail
---
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to
sender
 This message was created automatically by mail
delivery software (Exim).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one
or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following
address(es) failed:

  address@hidden
    SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL
FROM:<address@hidden> SIZE=1757:
    host fencepost.gnu.org [199.232.76.164]: 550
rejected:
    unknown local-part in sender
<address@hidden>

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the