Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: offering help

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: offering help
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 23:24:19 +0200

Dans un message du 21 jun à 16:42, Jaime E . Villate écrivait :

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 03:27:58PM +0200, Guillaume Morin wrote:
> > I am OK to explain the work but for a savannah, mailman newbie 1/2 day
> > will not be enough. One week would be a better expectation. I am not
> > sure that this is a good entry point but you decide.
>
> I also have more free time to work on it; please tell us (Jose Eugenio
> and I) what has to be done and we'll try to do it. That would also be a good
> way to start a Spain-Portugal collaboration in Savannah, which could help us
> integrate more GNU-Spain with the similar group which is forming in Portugal.

Here is the check list

1) Install a copy of mailman on fencepost in /home/fsf/freesoftware
Modify the makefile in /usr/local/savannah_mailman to add the CGI to
this location too (sfverify and sfverify.py).
2) Exim must be configured to receive mail from
mail.freesoftware.fsf.org for those mailing lists. Required pipes must
go to /com/mailer/aliases-freesoftware. Make sure that the required
changes will go to delysid.
3) Add a VH in the Apache conf for the Mailman web frontend
4) now in the savannah CVS you must implement the required interface for
non GNU projects (www/mail/admin/index.php).
5) Modify sf_xml (--list switch) so we know if a list is for a GNU or
non GNU projects.
6) Modify gnuscripts/Mailman/mailing_lists_create.pl to handle the new
projects.

See savannah.texi and sysadmin.texi for more details on how the scripts
operate between them. Contact me if you have any questions.

Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

             You're happy, you're in love, you need someone to hate
                                (Our Lady Peace)