[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of The GNU Documentation

From: guylhem
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of The GNU Documentation Effort
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 17:22:04 -0500

Guylhem Aznar <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: fdl
Other License: Any document or software used in the project should be covered
by the GNU Free Documentation License yet we will also accept documents
released under any of the following free license which are compatible with the
project spirit:

GNU General Public License
GNU Lesser General Public License
GNU Free Documentation License
X11 license
Cryptix General License
Modified BSD license
The license of ZLib.
The license of the iMatix Standard Function Library
The W3C Software Notice and License
The Berkeley Database License (aka the Sleepycat Software Product License)
The License of Python 1.6a2 and earlier versions
The Clarified Artistic License
Package: The GNU Documentation Effort
System name: gde
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

The GNU Documentation Effort is intended to become the main place where free
software documentation can be found.

Existing documents released under a free software or free documentation license
will be mirrored, and documents that do not yet exist in a free version will be
placed on a \"todo\" list where volunteers can pick and rewrite any document.

The documents will be available in any language and any format, even it we
recommand DocBook for it is generally accepted as the default format for
technical documentation.