[Savannah-hackers] Re: MORE.STUFF and Calc

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: MORE.STUFF and Calc
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:52:32 +0200

> Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 08:50:21 +0000
> From: "Jaime E. Villate" <address@hidden>
>
> You do have write access to webcvs/software/calc. But you do not have write
> access to webcvs/. The cvs command you used is trying to create a lock file in
> webcvs/ before it uploads webcvs/software/calc/calc.html but you can't create
> a lock there. Try the following instead:
>    cd calc   # where calc is the directory you already checked out
>    cvs -z3 ci calc.html

Unfortunately, this didn't work either (with what seems like an
identical message):

  Checking in calc.html;
  /webcvs/software/calc/calc.html,v  <--  calc.html
  cvs [server aborted]: could not open lock file
`/webcvs/software/calc/,calc.html,': Permission denied

> (or if you prefer, cvs -z3 -d address@hidden:/webcvs/software/calc
> ci calc.html

This also doesn't work (and here, for a change, I do understand what
the error message says ;-):

  Cannot access /webcvs/software/calc/CVSROOT
  No such file or directory

Thanks for your help.