Re: [Savannah-hackers] registration discarded

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] registration discarded
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:03:34 +0000

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 11:30:55AM +0100, mathieu wrote:
> So, I was talking about was seems to happend frequently :
> - a registration with incomplète information about licensing or whatever
> - you reject it and write a mail explaining why, asking the author to
> redo the registration process with the informations needed
>

> In fact, this could be simply a bash script that use mail function
> (mailx package, on my box) and mysql.

Hi,
There are already some canned responses somewhere in Savannah, which I never
use because I always feel that a canned response will not apply exactly. What
I do is to use some text documents that I quickly adapt to each
situation. The e-mail response to a project submission is the part that takes
me the shortest time (compared to reviewing the code or trying to understand
a description, for instance); I do not think a script would help me much in
that case and Savannah users love to receive personalized responses and not
automatic responses as in SourceForge.

On the other hand, I think the script you propose would be very helpful for
the "mysql -e 'delete...'" part. It would be very useful if every
project removal was logged somewhere in /var/log; something similar to
what sf_sync_www and sf_cvs do. Even better if the /var/log file would
register every project received and approved. Sometimes people ask what
happened to their projects and I find it very hard to find out when it was
submitted (mailman does not help searching the savannah-hackers archive), who
handled the sbmission and what happened to the project.

Cheers,
Jaime