Re: [Savannah-hackers] registration discarded

From: mathieu
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] registration discarded
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:30:55 +0100

Le mar 12 mar 2002 à 10h51, Loic Dachary a écrit :
mathieu writes:
 > Maybe we should implement a function that will, when discarding a
 > registration, write a mail to the author of the submission
discarded,
 > with a standard mail composed of habituals remarks and enventualy
 > savannah hacker comment.
 >
 > For example
 >
 > X submit a project
 > - admin use the function discard
 > - the project is discarded
 > - a standard discarding mail is sent to the project owner with
eventual
 > comments
 >
 > It would make the admin task faster, no ?

        I don't think so. In the past 18 months I discarded 3 projects
or so, because they were clearly out of the Savannah scope.

Hum, my english is really bad.

I was talking about «  temporary discarding », not definitive one.

So, I was talking about was seems to happend frequently :
- a registration with incomplète information about licensing or whatever
- you reject it and write a mail explaining why, asking the author to redo the registration process with the informations needed

In fact, this could be simply a bash script that use mail function (mailx package, on my box) and mysql.

for example
#!/bin/sh
PROJECT="$1"
echo "about your project ($PROJECT) registration" > tmp_mail
# admin explaining the problem
$EDITOR tmp_mail
# we add the standard responses with all the informations about possibles problems
# and how to register again succesfully
cat standard_response >> tmp_mail
# get savannah user email via mysql
USEREMAIL="_i dont know how to do this_"
# send a mail
mail -s "$PROJECT registration" $USERMAIL -c address@hidden < tmp_mail
# remove registration
mysql -e ....

It's not a big deal, I was just thinking about this, since you seem to write the same kind of precisions frequently :)

--
mathieu

  ] les brevets, protection de l'innovation ?
  ] http://petition.eurolinux.org