[Savannah-hackers] Re: a test

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: a test
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 19:20:14 +0000

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 06:36:35PM +0100, mathieu wrote:
> I've temporary uncomment the leopard background. The sand will remain
> commented since there is too many small pictures that have the normal
> back.
>
> It's only 5ko, should be acceptable.
>
> Let me know if you thinks it acceptable like this of if you definitely
> prefer without any background.

OK, it you need those images to give the "african savannah" look you want to
achieve, then go ahead :-) Now that I look a the whole thing, I like that
leopard-spots texture.

On the other hand, I'm not very favorable to the "W3C HTML 4.01" compliant
button; if we use it, why not a "GNU standards compliant" button and the "lynx
friendly button" and so on. Perhaps we could write somewhere that we try to
keep our HTML code compliant with the 4.01 standard, viewable by as many
browsers as posible, compliant to the GNU website standards and so on, but
displaying a W3C button in every page seems to me a bit annoying.

Cheers,
Jaime