[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Human Beings

From: gc
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Human Beings
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 06:02:40 -0500

Guillaume Cottenceau <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Human Beings
System name: human-beings

This project aims at building a civilization/humanity simulator, borrowing good
ideas from proprietary games Civilization from Microprose, Dune2/Starcraft from
Blizzard and SimCity from Electronic Arts, but also inventing a few new and
innovative rules/principles.

The game will be a realtime simulation with batiments and units, using a
graphical user-interface (using SDL), with AI support and network play. It will
most probably use a higher-level compiled language such as OCaml (that\'s why I
don\'t ask to be included in the GNU project, since basically only C and Guile
are GNU-blessed languages).

You can read the <a
href=\"http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/hb-preliminary.html\";>preliminary
game principles</a>, currently under thinking.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.