Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Human Beings

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Human Beings
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:26:19 +0000

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 06:02:40AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Guillaume Cottenceau <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Human Beings
> System name: human-beings
>
> This project aims at building a civilization/humanity simulator, borrowing
> good ideas from proprietary games Civilization from Microprose,
> Dune2/Starcraft from Blizzard and SimCity from Electronic Arts, but also
> inventing a few new and innovative rules/principles.
>  The game will be a realtime simulation with batiments and units, using a
> graphical user-interface (using SDL), with AI support and network play. It
> will most probably use a higher-level compiled language such as OCaml
> (that\'s why I don\'t ask to be included in the GNU project, since basically
> only C and Guile are GNU-blessed languages).

There are important GNU projects coded in Python, C++, Java and some other
languages; C/Guile are recommended but not the only accepted languages.

> You can read the <a
> href=\"http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/hb-preliminary.html\";>preliminary
> game principles</a>, currently under thinking.
>
> It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.

Approved. Please remember your commitment to avoid any dependencies on
proprietary software; and please apply the GPL as explained in
http://www.gnu.org/gpl-howto.html

Regards,
Jaime