Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Projet Rachid Gha

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Projet Rachid Ghalleb
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:31:54 +0000

I'm sorry but we cannot host your project here. FORTE(tm) is proprietary
software, and without FORTE and JDK (also proprietary) your project would be
of no use to our users.

If you can develop your software in a way that it works with a free
implementation of Java (see http://www.gnu.org/software/java), without any
dependencies on Swing, JDK or other proprietary packages, you can submit your
project again. I also suggest that you don't use personal names in the
project name: Savannah projects are cooperative and we'd like to keep the
spirit that the projects do not belong to anyone in particular and
everybody is welcome to help in a project.

Cheers,
Jaime