Re: RV: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of SuperBB

From: mathieu
Subject: Re: RV: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of SuperBB
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 22:47:55 +0100

Le sam 16 mar 2002 à 22h30, Harry Zink a écrit :
>> Could you please use PHP3 rather than PHP4? PHP4 currently
>> has a license incompatible with the GPL. There is no problem
>> with PHP3.

What kind of crap is that? PHP4 is GPL, last I checked - otherwise,
how
would this explain the vast number of PHP4 projects that are all GPL.

please, take a look at http://www.php.net

especialy
http://www.php.net/license/

also, take a look at GNU policy about this :

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLIncompatibleLicenses
------
The PHP License, Version 2.02.
This license is used by most of PHP4, but one important part of PHP4, the Zend optimizer, uses a different and worse license: the QPL.

This is a non-copyleft free software license with practical problems like those of the original BSD license, including incompatibility with the GNU GPL.

PHP3 is not under this license. PHP3 is disjunctively dual-licensed with the GNU GPL. Thus, while PHP4 (which is covered only by the PHP 2.02 License) is still free software, we encourage you to use and make improvements to only PHP3. That way, we can have an active version of PHP whose license is compatible with the GPL. If you are interested in helping maintain an active version of PHP3, please contact the GNU Volunteer Coordinators <address@hidden>.
----

Well, we certainly can't use PHP3 anymore, and I certainly won't
support
that.

Why not ?

I guess that's it for Savannah then...?

Savannah use only php3.

--
mathieu

  ] les brevets, protection de l'innovation ?
  ] http://petition.eurolinux.org