Re: RV: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of SuperBB

From: mathieu
Subject: Re: RV: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of SuperBB
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 23:41:10 +0100

Le sam 16 mar 2002 à 23h01, Harry Zink a écrit :
> Also, note that it is, to my mind, not really a good bevahior to
give
> an email adress that need confirmation for each mail sended.

Matthieu,

This is not the case. My SPAM filter only requires confirmation the
VERY
FIRST TIME, and afterwards adds you to a whitelist - therefore no
longer
bothers you in subsequent mailings. This is explained in the
confirmation
you received, although I am working on a simplified version that
provides
this information also in Français as well as Deutsch.

Hum.

In fact, you are a outlaw in regards of the French law (that protects any french citizen) since you shouldn't collect any informations relatives to any person without his strong acknowledgment.

But spam is really harassing, I understand that you try to avoid it.
Since our project does not make any modifications to PHP itself, but
merely
uses it as the method of execution, our project is not affected by
this
issue.

Sure, your project is Free Software, as PHP is Free Software.
This was just an information on the PHP3/PHP4 issue.

If the agenda of Savannah is to discourage PHP4 development, instead
of
providing an effective developer environment (as it was impressed upon
me),

The idea is to provide an effective environment that don't require proprietary software.

PHP is Free Software, so it's possible for savannah to host it.

We just hope that people that use savannah will try to get their software working with PHP3, the GPL-compatible version of PHP.

We just want to develop a message board system, not argue over
political
agendas, so maybe the choice of Savannah instead of SourceForge was
not
appropriate.

The choice is yours.

Sure, since savannah is provided by the FSF and the GNU project, « political agendas » are a part of it. But I dont seems so pregnant for any Free Software project hosted on savannah since the main exigeance is only to make Free Software. SF is surely, for now, less involved in « political » issues since SF 3.0 seems to be a proprietary software.

--
mathieu

  ] les brevets, protection de l'innovation ?
  ] http://petition.eurolinux.org