Re: [Savannah-hackers] request to subscribe

From: mathieu
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 20:04:03 +0200

/projects.php?project=projname
/users.php?user=username

hum, this kind would be a problem since the goal of theses urls is to provide simple urls like /users/thisuser

this kind of change would make savannah harder to use... maybe it would be better to create a simple script that would make the changes, applies patchs, if the ./configure detect that the environment is MSII.

I'm not of the ones who take decisions here but I have to admit that I dont feel well with changes that would make the savannah interface more complex, since people installing savannah software are few and probably only few of them use savannah with MSII (who is definitively not a good sofware :)). Adding patchs in the CVS for MSII (instead of applying them) seems a better way for savannah to include your work : your work is interesting and shouldnt be left, but, according to my understanding, the main purpose of savannah is SF.net integration on the subversions.gnu.org box, so any changes that would make it more portable but less confortable to use should be avoided.

--
mathieu
* http://humeur.coleumes.org Pourquoi il est vain de combattre le Front National en récitant des faits des années 1930... *