[Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah sucks

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah sucks
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:17:13 -0700

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 03:15:25PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

> According to the ssh documentation, nothing depends on the
> privileges of the files anyhow.  (That is, the grotty old rhosts
> behavior where it was ignored if it was writable is no more.)

I just lokoed at the log file, and I'm happy that you're wrong (I
can't see where it would improve security to permit your
authorized_keys to be world writable).  I did find one more place to
change permissions, though:

Aug 26 18:13:14 subversions sshd[28157]: Authentication refused: bad
ownership or modes for directory /home/thomas/.ssh

Try again?

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--