[Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah sucks

From: Thomas Bushnell, BSG
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah sucks
Date: 26 Aug 2002 16:55:55 -0700

"Bradley M. Kuhn" <address@hidden> writes:

> Thomas Bushnell, BSG <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I still cannot check my work into savannah, because they suck.  That's
> > the short story.
>
> savannah-hackers are extremely overloaded volunteers who do a great deal
> of good work.  They don't deserve to be talked and treated the way that
> you did.  You owe them an apology.

I don't believe this is true.

I have *not* seen them do any good work, though I suppose they may be
competent at ongoing use of the system other people set up.  Gord and
jbailey both have said they now have nothing to do with the system.
Loic has not said anything.

My first messages were entirely polite, and I was treated to being
told that what I wanted wasn't necessary--and it turns out that it
would have *entirely* fixed the problem!  It still would--if someone
would just set my password on the system, and mail it to me
(encrypted), I would be able to use it.

Mathieu has now said that all he was doing was repeating the help
messages from the web page--and assuming I had not read them!  Which,
of course, I had.  At one point I say "this is the error I get".  And
he says "I need the exact text of the error message".  But I had given
it to him!  So I did so again!  No good, I've exceeded his ability to
deal.

savannah-hackers may in general be great.  But Mathieu was
obstructive, incorrect, and *always* unhelpful.

I really do have clue.  It was very insulting for his first message to
me to be a natting one for a peon who doesn't understand anything
that's going on.  I overreacted in response to that, for which I'm
sorry.