[Savannah-hackers] savannah using non-free software?

From: coriordan
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah using non-free software?
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 14:13:23 +0100

Hello.

I was surprised to see the ability to use Google for
searches.  I could be wrong but isn't the google
software non-free?

The google software is distributed (for in-house use)
and is not Free.  I could be wrong (Google could be GPL)
but I don't think so.

If FSF policy has changed and it is ok to use proprietary
software once it's not on an FSF computer I suggest moving
savannah to a remote oracle based server.  The addition
of a Flash front end and use of PHP4 should also be considered.

ha ha, only serious

Ciaran O'Riordan