[Savannah-hackers] Re: troubles with new Savannah project

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: troubles with new Savannah project
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:58:06 +0000 (UTC)

    > Also, please do not use overly long lines for Savannah Web
    > pages.  In my case, using Galeon, the Savannah Web pages are
    > wider than the window I use. ...  A major point of HTML is that
    > the reader, not the author, decides how to display the page ...

    I use galeon too and noticed nothing. Maybe you have to adapt the
    fonts size?

My instance of Galeon is properly configured, with fonts sized
properly for the display.

    ...  can you send screenshot of the problems you have.

The screenshot I am attaching has an actual screen width of 819
pixels.  The minimum proper screen width for this page, the Savannah
admin documentation, is 1154 pixels.  When you display the page in a
window that is wider than 1154 pixels, it resizes properly.

Note that many of the pages on Savannah do display properly so long as
you display them in a window with a width that is wider than a much
smaller mimimum value than 1150 pixels.  In the case of the main
Savannah page, the mimimum width is 600 pixels.

Here it is, as a base64 encoded jpg attachment of
    http://savannah.gnu.org/docs/admin.php
showing the overly long lines:

JPEG image