[Savannah-hackers] Re: [Bug #1260] New "nongnu.org" site breaks sessions

From: Yann Dirson
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [Bug #1260] New "nongnu.org" site breaks sessions and prefs
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:56:26 +0200

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 11:45:02AM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> It does not work with the PHP setcookie function. We surely do not
> want to deal with cookies by differents means, do we?

IIRC I already suggested reporting a bug to them :)

> If I switched to cookies to deal with that, it was following loic
> advices, since accessing database cant be done at any moment, unlike
> accessing cookies, and for some reasons, accessing prefs sometime
> requires to be done at the very beginning of a page loading.

Wouldn't it be possible to set the cookie from the database at some
moments ?  That should take care of the problem...

> Another point is the fact that maybe users, for some reason, will want
> to use differents preferencies for savannah.gnu.org and
> savannah.nongnu.org.

Well, a flag in the prefs would take care of that.

--
Yann Dirson <address@hidden>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique