[Savannah-hackers] [ 101793 ] cant get started

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 101793 ] cant get started
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 15:07:21 -0500

Support Request #101793, was updated on 2003-Feb-03 03:08
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101793&group_id=11

Category: CVS

By: tsr
Date: 2003-Feb-06 21:07
Logged In: YES
user_id=15222
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)

This, credit to Tom Copeland (of the address@hidden
list), did the trick, with some tweaking!

--start--

Hi Tomas -

Here's what works for me.  First, open a DOS window, and
then do a:

==============
C:\tmp>set
CVSROOT=:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gforge

C:\tmp>set CVS_RSH=c:\bin\ssh\ssh.exe

C:\tmp>set HOME=c:

C:\tmp>cvs co gforge
cvs server: Updating gforge
U gforge/AUTHORS
U gforge/COPYING
U gforge/ChangeLog

etc., etc.
==============

Of course, you'll need to replace "gforge" with your own
project name.
Note also that:

1) on my Windows machine c:\bin\ssh\ssh.exe is a SSH1
client

2) in c:\.ssh I have a private key, the matching public key
for which
I've uploaded to Savannah via the text field on "Edit SSH
Keys" page
which is linked to from the "Account Configuration" page.
Savannah only
allows CVS authentication via public/private key exchange,
not via
password authentication.

Good luck!

Yours,