[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of ourproject.org free projects tool

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of ourproject.org free projects tool devel - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 17 Feb 2003 17:40:55 +0100

Vicente Ruiz <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> El lun, 17-02-2003 a las 10:32, Mathieu Roy escribió:
> > Hi,
> >

> Hi Mathieu,
>
> > I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah.
> >

> > address@hidden said:
> >
> > > A package was submitted to savannah.nongnu.org
> > > This mail was sent to address@hidden, address@hidden
> > >
> > > Vicente Ruiz <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> > > License: gpl
> > > Other License:
> > > Package: ourproject.org free projects tool devel
> > > System name: ourproject-d
> > > Type: non-GNU

> > > An extract of our Manifesto:
> > > \"The idea behind the ourproject.org  initiative is for it to be a tool
> > > which encourages the cooperative work effort of all types of people from
> > > every part of the world, promoting the coming together of people and the
> > > exchange of ideas and solutions to problems, with the condition that the
> > > results of the projects will remain freely accessible  to whoever may
> > > find them useful, within this tool.
> > >
> > > The ourproject.org initiative will also be a place to find, or at least
> > > look for, solutions, ideas and other people with the same interests.
> > >
> > > We are concerned with translating to other fields of society the
> > > philosophy which has been developing over these past years around two
> > > computing concepts: Free Software and Open Source. Because of this,
> > > ourproject.org does no intend to create a new philosophy, but instead use
> > > an already existing and highly successful philosophy.
> > > (...)
> > >  As a result of the discussion, ourproject.org  would drift off to the
> > > creation of a discussion and project management tool so that people not
> > > familiarized with computing would find it easy-to-use. This tool would
> > > make available to each individual project, among other things, web space,
> > > forums, news, e-mail addresses and lists, and a place where to keep
> > > project´s documentation.
> > > (...)
> > > This manifesto is inspirated parcially in the works of the Free Software
> > > Foundation (FSF), the Open Source Inicative (OSI) and the descentralized
> > > work in solitary or in groups of many other people.\"
> > >
> > > For more information http://ourproject.org
> > >
> > > Now we have working an adaptation of debian-sf for any kind of free
> > > project (not free software), and we want to share these initials
> > > modifications and to improve the tool inside Savannah.
> >
> > Why not working directly on debian-sf or Savannah?
>
> Well I think that Savannah, debian-sf and gforge developpers are only
> thinking in Software projects not "any kind of Free Projects", maybe
> because they are people using the tool in software companies, I don't
> know exactly.
>
> And these days with all the polemic with gforge make me think about
> begin another project hosted in savannah.gnu.org.
>
> For me is more interesting to work in debian-sf or Savannah projects
> [...]

Naturally, because Savannah have something to do with computing and
because of the origin of Savannah, the software seems mainly to be
usefull for software projects.

But we have nothing against an evolution in a more general
way. Savannah could be used for different kind of projects and we
would be glad of it.

So if you can work on improving Savannah in this way, we would have
nothing against.

--
Mathieu Roy