[Savannah-hackers] [ 101853 ] sftp problem

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 101853 ] sftp problem
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 20:24:05 -0500

Support Request #101853, was updated on 2003-Feb-17 06:57
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101853&group_id=11

Category: Download Area

By: yeupou
Date: 2003-Feb-23 02:24
Logged In: YES
user_id=1896
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.1; Linux 2.4.21-pre4; i686; fr,
address@hidden)

Alexl , we actually cannot say it "which it clearly doesn't [work for
most people"  as obviously we have feedback only from people
with unsuccessful experience with it here.

It should remains in the faq as an alternative that *may* work.
But we clearly lacks of informations about how it works and why
it's does not work while everythings seems to be well configured
on both parts.

We added it in a hurry because rsync is, as jvm said, pretty
uneasy to learn when unfamiliar (while the basic syntax is very
easy, when you try complicated stuff, it becomes harder and
harder). That explain the special status of sftp here.

By: jwm