[Savannah-hackers] Re: Strange login bug

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Strange login bug
Date: 24 Feb 2003 22:21:38 +0100

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> said:

> I used the "lost password" procedure twice, and each time logging in
> with links did not work.  It would display "Invalid password".
>
> Then today I tried with mozilla and it worked!
>
> Perhaps this means I never forgot my password--perhaps all along it
> was what I thought it was, and the problem was in login thru links.
> But links used to work, a few months ago.  Something has apparently
> gone wrong.
>
> One thing I noticed is that it sent data to savannah.nongnu.org.  This
> is even though I did not check the "login also on savannah.nongnu.org"
> box.  In fact, when I got the "invalid password", the current URL
> was on savannah.nongnu.org.  Is that supposed to be the case?

The fact it tries to login also on savannah.nongnu.org while you do
not check the correspondant box is strange.

In the past, there was troubles while trying to login on both
sv.nongnu.org + sv.gnu.org with password with no-pure ascii
characters. I thought I fixed it (people with this problem send me
positive feedback).
Maybe the fix broke something.

Can you tell me which version of links you use? I used to test
Savannah with links 2.0.x without problems.

But I've just got links-ssl 0.98 from debian, tried, and got the same
error message.
I'll try to find out how to fix that tomorrow or maybe in two day -
tomorrow I'll be at University the most of day.

Mathieu Roy