[Savannah-hackers] Re: Strange login bug

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Strange login bug
Date: 26 Feb 2003 22:00:18 +0100

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> said:

> I used the "lost password" procedure twice, and each time logging in
> with links did not work.  It would display "Invalid password".
>
> Then today I tried with mozilla and it worked!
>
> Perhaps this means I never forgot my password--perhaps all along it
> was what I thought it was, and the problem was in login thru links.
> But links used to work, a few months ago.  Something has apparently
> gone wrong.
>
> One thing I noticed is that it sent data to savannah.nongnu.org.  This
> is even though I did not check the "login also on savannah.nongnu.org"
> box.  In fact, when I got the "invalid password", the current URL
> was on savannah.nongnu.org.  Is that supposed to be the case?

There was a if() statement missing here. Now it's fixed so if you do
not check the "login also on savannah.nongnu.org" box, it should be
ok.

I tried without the box unchecked with the last links available in
Debian GNU/Linux testing - it worked.

I'm very busy today, I cannot check why the "login also..." do not
work with links.

Mathieu Roy