[Savannah-hackers] Strange login bug

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Strange login bug
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:30:03 -0500

I used the "lost password" procedure twice, and each time logging in
with links did not work.  It would display "Invalid password".

Then today I tried with mozilla and it worked!

Perhaps this means I never forgot my password--perhaps all along it
was what I thought it was, and the problem was in login thru links.
But links used to work, a few months ago.  Something has apparently
gone wrong.

One thing I noticed is that it sent data to savannah.nongnu.org.  This
is even though I did not check the "login also on savannah.nongnu.org"
box.  In fact, when I got the "invalid password", the current URL
was on savannah.nongnu.org.  Is that supposed to be the case?