Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of aiarena - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Dejan Lozanovic
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of aiarena - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 17:38:29 +0100

On Sunday 09 November 2003 15:54, you wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:12:48PM +0100, Dejan Lozanovic wrote:
> > Ok, since I don't have place where to put my source code I'm sending it
> > to you,the url I gave you was the early stage where i didn't plan to
> > publish it. Now since most of the work is done I'm start to thinkging
> > where to publish my work . I'm sorry because src/sim/rand.h is not
> > documented in english but I will document it soon.
>
> Your files are ok.  But all of them have the LGPL permission to copy
> statements.  I thought you were going to release the sim under the
> GPL?

Thanks for that, I made a mistake in a hurry :)), I will made correction, only
libaiarena would be LGPL rest is GPL. and I beileve this would be my first
and last LGPL since I beileve i true GPL.

> I think you don't understand what I mean.  Maybe I wasn't clear
> enough.
>
> If they release their code under the LGPL they still have to give the
> code with it (when they distribute their code).
>
> This is also with the GPL.
>
> They don't have to share their code if they don't distribute their
> code.

Yes but if I organize a league they will distribute their code and this would
spoil the fun after first round. since everybody will have all ideas. and
could take all other source codes. And result everybody would have the same
program and that is what I wish to avoid. And soultion for that is temporary
non-free programs :(((, but they could'n not use the library to create
comercial programs :))) since the library is dump and it is tight bounded to
the simulator :))) ( simulator do everithing).

I will try to encourage players to release their programs as free softvare. To
allow others to catchs some ideas.

Best regards,
Dejan Lozanovic