[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of aiarena - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of aiarena - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:50:53 +0100

Dejan Lozanovic <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> On Sunday 09 November 2003 17:49, you wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 05:38:29PM +0100, Dejan Lozanovic wrote:
>> > Yes but if I organize a league they will distribute their code and this
>> > would spoil the fun after first round. since everybody will have all
>> > ideas. and could take all other source codes. And result everybody would
>> > have the same program and that is what I wish to avoid.
>>
>> Why can't you agree to not distribute the libraries before the end of
>> the first round?
>
> So if player A gave me his AI program he is forced to give me his source code
> if I ask, so I can look his code and modify my program before battle, and
> since it is a competiotion, I beileve it is better to keep AI closed for a
> while.

I do not understand what exactly it have to do with the license.

You have to provide source code only if you distribute a binary. We
would you distribute the binary during the game? They just have to be
received by a server, which is something we can hardly call
distribution
(in this case, it would mean that you would have to send the source
code of your ssh client each time you start a ssh connection).

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |