Re: [Savannah-hackers] update requested

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] update requested
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:29:34 -0500

%% Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> writes:

  sb> Here is an updated version of the list, with some notification
  sb> information.

For me the most serious problem with Savannah right now is the lack of
email notifications.  Without this it's extremely difficult to maintain
the site.  I don't know when new bugs or requests are posted unless I
check regularly, and even more distressing is I can't know when someone
has added a new comment to an existing bug without walking through every
single one checking it to see.

And this is even worse because to be really sure you'd need to look at
all the closed bugs as well, to see if someone reported that they
weren't really fixed or provided more details or something similar.

I filed this bug about a month ago:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=7324

The Resolution is set to "Works for me" (although it's still Open) but
that is not correct.  I think the functionality tested by Mathieu was
not what I was reporting: I've added some clarifying details in comments
to the bug.

 Paul D. Smith <address@hidden>   HASMAT: HA Software Mthds & Tools