Re: [Savannah-hackers] update requested

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] update requested
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:58:28 -0500

%% Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> writes:

  sb> * Cc notification in support requests are not received; there is a bug
  sb> request in the savannah group about that (I do receive notification
  sb> when I submit a bug, though). It makes me hard for me to check support
  sb> requests. In addition, some features produces a warning about sending
  sb> mail: asking for e-mail change, and submitting a membership request.
  sb> Source:
  sb> https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102802

I think I mentioned this before, but it's not just support requests:
it's bug reports and patches as well.  You're right that the submitter
of the bug or support request does get email about it, but the
maintainer of the project doesn't get any email whatsoever.

And, the above URL doesn't really point to the best problem report on
Savannah for this problem; that one is mainly related to not being able
to log in, then in the notes section it kind of morphed into this
problem instead.

I filed a bug report about this problem (not getting email) specifically
back in mid-January:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=7324

I believe that there is at least one other on the same subject.  I think
the one you quote above should be closed since the original problem it
was reporting has been resolved; it's confusing and hard to find when
bugs or support requests undergo a change in subject like that: you
can't tell from the description what they are about.

Thanks, Sylvain, for keeping track of these issues (it seems weird to me
though that we need someone to track this stuff via a mailing list when
we have Savannah itself--it makes you wonder :-/)

 Paul D. Smith <address@hidden>   HASMAT: HA Software Mthds & Tools