Re: [Savannah-hackers] update requested

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] update requested
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:45:09 +0100

Hello,

On 2004.02.22 13:53 Rudy Gevaert wrote:
> * www.gnu.org projects cannot use their CVS repository
RMS told me that the sysadmins fixed this.  However, I'm still waiting
for a confirmation.

Can you tell me when you get it? I would also like to know what is the
repository they have to use, because it changed after the crack, and it
is different than source projects'.

Please ask {rao,address@hidden to look at this.

Done

> * Fix the permissions in jcurzez's source repository
I changed some permissions.  Maybe it will work now.  However I
suggest that he changes the layout of his repository.  Will you handle
this?  You wille be able to once you send me your key.

Fine. I offered the administrator to change the layout.

> * Change e-mail adress of user [...]
Could you check if his old address doesn't work. I'll mail you a howto
to update it in the database.

OK. I wait for it.

> * Reactivate the cvs repository tarballs
I have added a little shell script to make backups in
/savannah/cvs-backup/

it will be run once a day.  I still have to add a alias in the apache
config

I suggest we use the more spread '.tar.bz2' extension instead of '.tar.bz'. I can setup the alias if you want. A user mentioned daily snapshot / export. Do you think we should provide it?

> * Provide a way for users to delete their account
We have a script for that (but it needs updating)

Maybe I can do it. Which one is it?