Re: [Savannah-hackers] update requested

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] update requested
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:22:24 -0500

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 03:45:09PM +0100, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 2004.02.22 13:53 Rudy Gevaert wrote:
> >> * www.gnu.org projects cannot use their CVS repository
> >RMS told me that the sysadmins fixed this.  However, I'm still waiting
> >for a confirmation.
>
> Can you tell me when you get it? I would also like to know what is the
> repository they have to use, because it changed after the crack, and it
> is different than source projects'.

/savannah/cvsroot/www/webcvs/www/www

> >> * Change e-mail adress of user [...]
> >Could you check if his old address doesn't work. I'll mail you a howto
> >to update it in the database.
>
> OK. I wait for it.

1) "mysql -u root -p"
2) use savannah;
3) update email set email="address@hidden" where user_name like "username";
(could be sloppy sql :))

> >> * Reactivate the cvs repository tarballs
> >I have added a little shell script to make backups in
> >/savannah/cvs-backup/
> >
> >it will be run once a day.  I still have to add a alias in the apache
> >config
>
> I suggest we use the more spread '.tar.bz2' extension instead of
> '.tar.bz'. I can setup the alias if you want.
> A user mentioned daily snapshot / export. Do you think we should
> provide it?

done

I added the webcvs to the script.  I'm still waiting for a reply from
the sysadmins about the apache alias.

> >> * Provide a way for users to delete their account
> >We have a script for that (but it needs updating)
>
> Maybe I can do it. Which one is it?

I can't remember.  I suggest you look in the savannah CVS gnuscripts dir
Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org