Re: [Savannah-hackers] update requested

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] update requested
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 07:53:23 -0500

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 01:44:51PM +0100, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> I went through almost all the pending support requests. Half of them
> are still
> open.
>
> Here is a new 'TODO list', updated. It is currently easier to maintain
> it this way, because notification in support requests does not work yet.
>
> * www.gnu.org projects cannot use their CVS repository; we need to know
> if it is back, and what is the new repository path
> (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00105.html
> and
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00114.html).
> The CVS HTML page at https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=gnutls, for
> example, should be updated, since the cvs "instruction set" is missing.
> The repository seems to be /webcvs/www/www/<wwwproject> but is empty.
> Notify: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
> address@hidden

RMS told me that the sysadmins fixed this.  However, I'm still waiting
for a confirmation.

Please ask {rao,address@hidden to look at this.

> * Fix the permissions in jcurzez's source repository
> Source:
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00193.html
> Notify: address@hidden

I changed some permissions.  Maybe it will work now.  However I
suggest that he changes the layout of his repository.  Will you handle
this?  You wille be able to once you send me your key.

> * Change e-mail adress of user 'georgesk' from the now non-existant
> address@hidden to address@hidden -- once he is
> identified.
> Same for user blytkerchan (address@hidden -> address@hidden)
> Same for user cfry (address@hidden -> address@hidden)
> Sources:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102792
> https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102733
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00199.html

Could you check if his old address doesn't work. I'll mail you a howto
to update it in the database.

> * Reactivate the cvs repository tarballs
> (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00099.html
> and
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00096.html).
> Maybe could we also use bzip2 instead of gzip long the way? And how
> about daily snapshot?
> Notify: address@hidden, address@hidden, <mr-russ>,
> address@hidden

I have added a little shell script to make backups in
/savannah/cvs-backup/

it will be run once a day.  I still have to add a alias in the apache
config

> * Provide a way for users to delete their account

We have a script for that (but it needs updating)

> (http://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102800)
>
> * The "Help Support" link is misunderstood by several visitors, who
> post help request about a specific project
>
> * A FAQ for creating the GPG key (with an emphasis on the fact it is
> very straightforward since people complain) could be added.
> Draft:
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102738

I have added it to the faq.  I have also updated the faq upload
uploading files.  And have updated the info in the administration
section about the ftp upload

> * There are several typos on the website:
(the ones I didn't to are not urgent)
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00184.html
> https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102825

> https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102816
done

> https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102662

> (end of message)
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102684

> * There is a PHP warning when using Opera and being a non-priviledged
> user and replying to a support request. It does not prevent the
> comment from being posted, though.
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102779
>
> * Is there an estimation on when projects registration can be processed

not yet

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org