Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [gnu.org #178852] Incorrect permissions on ww

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [gnu.org #178852] Incorrect permissions on www.gnu.org/software/3dldf/ (fwd)
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:57:52 +0200

On 2004.04.16 23:00, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
Hello Laurence,

In this case I think he meant replicating the webcvs to www.gnu.org.

And, from looking I do see them on www.gnu.org:
  http://www.gnu.org/software/3dldf/LDF.html

> I haven't been able to download the CVS HTML tree structure.

I see an ownership problem with the webcvs for the 3dldf project.  If
you can send me your Savannah username, signed by your GPG key we have on file, I can fix this for you.

  savannah-hackers,

  I'm about to leave the house, so feel free to take over if I don't
  respond :)

Here is what I know on this issue:

The problem is that there is no group 3dldf and web3dldf on Savannah.
I did not fixed this problem because we had to investigate why such a mistake occur. I also warned the sysadmin, but I guess nobody had the time to check it.

There is no ownership problem: 'derekgnu' first reported the error, and I eventually offered to manually update the repository until we find the cause of the error. I made the changes under his identity. Keep in mind that members of project www have access to all webcvs repositories. Also, this ownership has no impact on whether one can checkout the repository.

You can search in the savannah-hackers archives for more details.

The 403 error comes from the fact there is no index.html. I read somewhere that you can use a .symlinks file (or similar) to tell which symlinks you want to create.