Re: [Savannah-hackers] CVS eMail notifications

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] CVS eMail notifications
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:29:24 +0100 (BST)

Hello again Mark,

Mark-Andre Hopf said:
> On Tue 04.05. 21:12, Mark-Andre Hopf wrote:
>> Hello Elfyn.
>>
>> On Tue 04.05. 17:09, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
>>
>> > Yes, we are working on getting a front-end up to enable project admins
>> > manage certain files under `CVSROOT/' (e.g., loginfo, commitinfo and
>> > modules).
>> >
>> > If you want, I can contact you when we finish this work (soon,
>> hopefully).
>>
>> I'm glad to hear that it is being worked on.
>
> Hmm, a month has passed and the latest CVS bug was related to CVSROOT
> access.

It has been a long time, I know, but it has taken nearly that long for the
FSF sysadmins to get the bare-minimal infrastructure in place (i.e., just
the scripts).

> Wouldn't it be easier and faster just to add a field with an address where
> eMail should be posted to?

It might, and although it would only need a small amount of code for the
front-end, it's a different story for inserting the correct files in
2,000+ projects' CVSROOT directories.

> Or could someone please do this for me? Ie. Adding a command to
>
>   subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/toadgui/CVSROOT/loginfo
>
> which dumps and logs and diffs to
>
>   toad-cvs at list dot innominate dot org
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience but I really need this to keep an eye on
> what's going on.

It's not an inconvenience, not at all, I run projects myself and totally
understand that these basics are needed.

I will adjust your projects' CVSROOT/loginfo to send commit emails to the
above address now. Can you let me know if things look OK?

> Again I'm offering my help.

If you can spare the time, we could use the help.

> Mark
>
> P.S.
> I saw an add asking people to become GNU members. Would becoming a GNU
> member also help to sponsor GNU Savannah?

Was that perhaps instead FSF associate members?  If so, I'm too sure, but
someone at address@hidden might be able to help you.

If you would like to sponsor any Savannah work you do not need to be
affiliated with the FSF or GNU, you just need to be human, AFAIK ;)

> P.P.S.
>
> How are Savannah and GNA (the Savannah service hosted by FSF Europe)
> related? Friend or enemy?

Gna! is run by Loic Dachary (the person who started GNU Savannah) and
Mathieu Roy (the person who loves and cares for the Savane software: what
we use here at Savannah).  And they're definately friends! :)

--
Elfyn