Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Linux Desktop Testing Project - sav

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Linux Desktop Testing Project - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:16:12 -0300

address@hidden writes:

Hi Nagappan,

You submitted the project as you will use the GNU GPL, but your source
code have the Notice License of the GNU LGPL, what license you will
use?. To read about how to use the GNU GPL or the GNU LGPL, consider to
read these URLs:

     http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html
     http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html

Many files have the Copyright and Notices License missing. Any file
with more than 10 lines should carry on a Copyright and Notices
License, this rules include: shell scripts, Makefiles.am(generated by
hand), configure.in(generated by hand), etc. As I can see you have
some files generated by GLADE and as far as I know you cannot edit
these files, to fix this issue you can create a new file called
'GLADE-FILES.LICENSE' where you can put the Copyright and Notices
License for all the files generated by GLADE.

On the other hand you have missing the '(C)' in all the files with
Copyright License, if you have some doubts about how to use and apply
a Copyright and Notices License consider to read these URLs:

     http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html
     http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/License-Notices.html

With these changes we can accept your project in Savannah as
non-gnu. I'll wait your updated tarball.