Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of UniPackage - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of UniPackage - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:09:11 +0100

Hi,

The file is still part of the files you will upload at Savannah and
needs appriopriate notices.

If a GPL program includes _a part of itself_ in its output, then the
output is bound to the GPL, hence the stated exception in the license
notice.

Since AppRun is very small you may want to use a simple all-permissive
license such as:

  Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification,
  are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright
  notice and this notice are preserved.

If AppRun is improved and gets more features, I suggest you then use
the Bison skeleton-like license. In that case, I think it is
acceptable to strip off comments at run time before to include AppRun
in the output.