Re: [Savannah-help-public] missing SSL cert from savannah site

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] missing SSL cert from savannah site
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 17:34:49 -0300

Matt Lee <address@hidden> writes:

> We want people to trust the GNU project and the FSF. Broken SSL
> certificates like this one, are just that -- breaking the trust
> relationship between us and the general public.

People will not trust more or less in the GNU project or the FSF if we
use a certificate that it was included in all the browser because the
people that provide those certificates pay for it. We will never break
the trust for using a certificate that isn't included in all the web
browser, that doesn't have sense.

I support the idea of use CAcert and if the user don't know what to do
with the error they will learn, users can handle this kind of silly and
stupid errors. Sylvain spent some time creating a proper tutorial to
include the CAcert certificate.