Re: [Savannah-help-public] missing SSL cert from savannah site

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] missing SSL cert from savannah site
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:01:54 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 12:57:57AM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     Last time we discussed it, we agreed on writing additional
>     documentation about it and linking it on the login page, which is the
>     page from which people get to the https: area (https access is not
>     required for normal browsing). While it took a few weeks of delays,
>     this is now done. This also has the benefit of educating people about
>     what this kind of security means.
>
> Can you tell me how to see this for myself?
> What exactly should I visit on Savannah, and where should I click?

- Go to the homepage:
  http://savannah.gnu.org/

- There's a link in the explanation text about what Savannah is,
  mentioning the SSL certificate that we use. But maybe you gentle
  visitor weren't interested in reading, so you

- Click "Login":
  http://savannah.gnu.org/account/login.php?uri=/&cookie_test=1
  There's text with logos above the login form, with a link to how to
  add CAcert certificate and you arrive to:

- http://savannah.gnu.org/tls/tutorial/
  This page contains a few screenshot and an explanation text.