Re: [savannah-help-public] Please rename my account

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Please rename my account
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 16:52:47 -0600

    > Is it enough to change the user.user_name field in the database?

There are four mysql commands listed in rename_user.sh
(that is, mgt:/opt/administration/maintenance/rename_user.sh).

Just run them by hand on internal, don't try to run the script; the
whole vserver setup as used in that script is from a past incarnation.

As for changing source repo history, as mentioned in
RenamingAccounts.mdwn, I can't see any way to do that, and certainly
have not done it on the extremely rare accounts which I have renamed
accounts.  (Once, or maybe twice at most, since I've been involved with
sv.)  --karl