Re: [savannah-help-public] Please rename my account

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Please rename my account
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 17:07:05 -0600

Karl Berry wrote:
> There are four mysql commands listed in rename_user.sh
> (that is, mgt:/opt/administration/maintenance/rename_user.sh).
>
> Just run them by hand on internal, don't try to run the script; the
> whole vserver setup as used in that script is from a past incarnation.

Ah!  Yes.  That seems reasonable.  I quickly looked at the script.  I
run out of time at this moment but will work through this a little bit
later today.

> As for changing source repo history, as mentioned in
> RenamingAccounts.mdwn, I can't see any way to do that, and certainly
> have not done it on the extremely rare accounts which I have renamed
> accounts.  (Once, or maybe twice at most, since I've been involved with
> sv.)

Rewriting source history is a bigger can of worms to open.  I prefer
not to combine the two ideas.  If someone wants to do source history
rewriting that should be discussed separately.  It depends upon the
version control tool being used.  It depends upon why.  (I would
certainly correct mistakes.)  I will leave that question for later.

Thanks!
Bob