Re: Dependence on nonfree software

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Dependence on nonfree software
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 14:59:15 -0500

   >   The package must not refer the user to any nonfree software; in
   >   other words, it must not say anything that in our judgment is likely
   >   to lead or steer users towards running or installing nonfree
   >   software on their machine.  E.g., communicating with network
   >   services is fine since that doesn't require the user to install or
   >   run nonfree software.

   I like it but I would just leave the last sentence out, or I would
   change it to "Communicating with a network service usually
   does not steer users toward running or installing nonfree software on
   their machine."

That is a better wording, having that extra example would make it
abundantly clear what is meant -- but leaving it out also makes sense.