Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9328] Submission of Video Blender

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9328] Submission of Video Blender NLE
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 00:17:29 -0400

On 4/23/09, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Nicodemo,
>
> RMS asked us to use a GFDL-compatible license for manuals, which sadly
> excludes the GNU GPL :/
>
> I think it's a good idea to show the FSF blog post to this author, but
> I don't think it's our role to convince him to change his plans - more
> often than than we aren't as knowledgeable as the author.

He is very knowledgeable on this. I know almost nothing on the
subject, except from what I read of his articles.

> Last, I think it's better to use more complete answers for
> GNU/Linux<->Linux issues, otherwise we won't be understood. Possibly
> you can use the canned text from savannah.el.
I think I caught the hang of it.
> What do you think?

Klaatu, articles claim that the author is currently an idea. The
author seems to be willing to help in any way, to accomplish the goal
of making a modified version of Blender for video editing.

I think this project is in the design phase and that a good starting
point is submitting the articles as Free Software documentation.

The tarball submitted contains binaries, and some source libraries. I
know there is a source tarball on the blender site. I guess I will
have to point that out. From a quick glance, there are some things
that strike me. I will have questions later on this. I guess if the
source tarball just has minor errors like missing the address
paragraph in the gpl license notice, we could just approve it as is?

--
Nicodemo