silpa-discuss

Re: [silpa-discuss] Rebranding Silpa Project

From: Vasudev Kamath
Subject: Re: [silpa-discuss] Rebranding Silpa Project
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 11:48:30 +0530

Hrishi <address@hidden> writes:

> On 30 November 2014 at 09:34, Santhosh Thottingal
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     I am listing a few steps to complete. Vasudev and others, please
>     correct.
>

>     1 Rename https://github.com/Project-SILPA organization. I changed
>       the project description. Renaming the organization will cause
>       the whole git URLs changed. Github will do that change. Local
>       git URLs should point to new URL
>
> Done
> see https://github.com/libindic

Thanks!.

>     1 All 43 repositories under that need either description change or
>       name change-wherever the name SILPA is used
>
> TODO. will do this week, helping hands are welcome

Please use titanpad or similar to list down what changes needed, we can
take this opportunity to fix anything which we did wrongly. Also we
might need to re-upload the new modules to pypi and discard old.

This is bit painful because in current pypi it isn't possible to have a
team of user maintaining modules.

>     1 In the FLASK web application, change the names
>
> TODO. will do this week, helping hands are welcome

Well we need more helping hands but a quick grep over source should
provide a picture of what needs to be changed.

>     1 Move to new domain
>
> The domain http://libindic.org/ is registered. I think we can do the
> migration after completing the above steps

Yes. Currently I'm running SILPA in my VPS so I will do required changes
From my side once things are ready.

I would also appreciate allowing the actual SILPA project members to
handle the URL and domain stuff.

>     1 Update the code in the repos to reflect the new name - wherever
>       name is used
>
> TODO
>

>     1 Update the mailing list name
>
> TODO: I am not a mailing list admin, so someone else should do this.

I'm on list but I think renaming can be only done by Santhosh.

PS: use plain text mail ;-).

--
Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info