sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] 3 million keys & and community help requested

From: Jeffrey Johnson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] 3 million keys & and community help requested
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:28:05 -0400

On Nov 2, 2011, at 3:08 PM, John Clizbe wrote:

> According to the nice folks at Oracle, there's a compatibility layer now
> between
> BDB and SQLite. May want to start there. :-)

Careful here … using the sqlite compatibility has
several flaws related to
        One has to adjust the database schema in order to be "compatible".

(aside)
There is a 2nd approach through a sqlite3 "virtual table" if
one simply MUST use a sqlite3 "compatible API" that would
likely permit the existing schema to be continued. But I'm
not sure what purpose is served using a "virtual table"
to achieve API/ABI compatibility yet preserve the same
schema as a "virtual table" loadable module other than to
pretend that SKS uses sqlite3 instead of BDB.

The real problem is the difficulty of OCAML hacks … I like OCAML,
and I understand why SKS wouldn't have been possible w/o OCAML,
but I sure can't "hack" OCAML:
        I've tried and failed.

YMMV, clearly does since sks-1.1.2 is looming …

hth

73 de Jeff