sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] About deleting keys

From: Johan van Selst
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] About deleting keys
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 09:17:17 +0100

Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:
> Technical implementation is the following:
> If a user wants to hide his/her key (s)he just have to add a special
> uid e.g. "Do not include in search results" or so.
> The search engine just should ignore these keys.

I like this suggestion (which is similar to what Dirk proposed). Even
though it obviously doesn't satisfy all possible legal requirements,
it may help a number of users. It also gives a lot of control to the key
owner. Letting a key owner decide if their key should be available in
the PGP keydatabases, rather then leaving it up to just anyone who may
decide to upload a random key, is a big plus imho.

Regards,
Johan