sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] About deleting keys

From: Johan van Selst
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] About deleting keys
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 19:21:57 +0100

Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:
> At this moment I think the better solution would be
> start a totally new SKS network that accepts verified keys only.
> I mean keys those CAN be marked to be deleted/hidden by its owner.
> User must prove this ability. (There are several ways of this.
> E.g. answering an encrypted mail sent to address in UID, or
> signed by a key from the strongs set etc.)

Such a services has existed for some time now - called the PGP.com
Global Directory (keyserver.pgp.com). Started in 2005 I believe.
This service does not exchange keys with the SKS keyservers.
There's a FAQ on https://keyserver.pgp.com/vkd/VKDHelpPGPCom.html

However, I do not know many people who actively use this service.
Maybe someone else on this list knows more about the service and
can comment on the advantages and disadvantages of this keyserver?

Regards,
Johan