sks-devel

Re: 6 million

From: Stefan Claas
Subject: Re: 6 million
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 21:17:01 +0200

brent s. wrote:

> On 4/14/20 11:00, Stefan Claas wrote:
> >
> > Why still focusing on a dead project like SKS and not convining the other
> > guys from Mailvelope or Hagrid to add peering capabilities?
> >

> You do realize one can do both, right?

Yes, and I have not seen here from the majority in the past, saying hey lets
try out (and switch) or asked the devs.

Regarding SKS, for example, I have not even seen from it's operators to
support modern hockeypuck[1] (development) and giving up old SKS code.

> > What benefits do you have as an SKS operator, to still support such
> > old and dangerous GnuPG/SKS client-server model, in 2020?
>
> Are you on this list just to troll or do you have anything useful to say?

Excuse me if I sound like a troll. It is a valid question, because as you
may know public keys on SKS keyservers can be knocked out or not so nice
data can be added to them, thus not protecting users key.

In 2020 I would assume If I would be interested to run a community service
I would try to give my best for its users, i.e. trying to protect their
data (publick key blocks) as best as possible.

[1] Written in modern Golang!!! :-)

https://github.com/hockeypuck/hockeypuck

Regards
Stefan