sks-devel

Re: 6 million

From: Stefan Claas
Subject: Re: 6 million
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 23:32:32 +0200

Todd Fleisher wrote:

> > On Apr 14, 2020, at 12:46, Stefan Claas <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Todd Fleisher wrote:
> >
> >> So much this. Some of us have a legitimate need for what SKS provides that
> >> can’t be accommodated by the new kids on the block like Hagrid &
> >> Mailvelope. Neither supports third party signatures and the web of trust.
> >> I’ve reached out to the Hagrid team about that & peering but  People also
> >> seem to still be actively using SKS for new & updated keys as well, based
> >> on the stats page.
> >
> > I have talked last year with the Mailvelope guys about other things, but
> > they are very friendly. And I like to point out that Mailvelope keeps your
> > Signatures and is probably the most secure key server as of today. The only
> > thing missing AFAIK is the peering capabilities that SKS has, but I could
> > imagine if you guys would show your support to the Mailvelope keyserver, the
> > developemnt team would listen. At least worth a try.
>
> That’s good to hear. I’ve heard of Mailvelope, but haven’t really looked at
> it yet. Their site does specifically say “No Web of Trust” though, so I’m not
> sure it’s accurate to say they support third party signatures.

I don't know why they are saying this, but if you would download my CA certified
public key block from their server, the CA sig3 is on my public key block.

Another thing I like about the Mailvelope keyserver is that when you upload your
public key block, they will send you an encrypted email, with a validation link,
so that your public key block is only available there, once you have confirmed
the link.

Regards
Stefan

--