Bug: src/python/Makefile and prefix

From: C . M . Brannon
Subject: Bug: src/python/Makefile and prefix
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 17:12:19 -0600

Hello,
I installed Speech Dispatcher into its own tree, so that it wouldn't
conflict with the version supplied by my Linux distribution.
./configure --prefix=/opt/speech-dispatcher ; make ; make install
Unfortunately, "make install" tries to install Python files into
/lib/python, instead of /opt/speech-dispatcher/lib/python.
Apparently, when make is called for src/python/, it does not receive
the "prefix" setting assigned by configure.  Is this because the
makefile was written by hand, rather than generated by automake?

-- Chris