new upstream release?

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: new upstream release?
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 22:03:29 +0100

Dne 8.2.2011 20:52, William Hubbs napsal(a):
> Does anyone know what the next release plans are?

I think it would be very nice if we managed to
make a minor release in the 0.7 branch containing
Pico support and some of the smaller improvements
that can easily be backported in time for the
Ubuntu Natty freeze (24/2/2011). But keep in mind
though that 0.7.1 itself is a big improvement, thanks
to you all, and that we have all been testing it and it
has proved reliable, so I think it is a good thing
for the distributions to ship now.

It would also be superb if we could use the slower
times now to do the code re-indent we have been talking
about.

Anyone volunteers for any of these two? That would
be really helpful!

If anyone thinks it would be useful that I make
a snapshot package of the current 0.8 tree and
release it as a testing version, so that people
could create non-official packages and such, I can
do so next week.

I don't think though that the amount of progress is
accurately measured by the amount of commits or lines
of code divided by time, always certain times are busier
than others, which is fine...

Best regards,
Hynek Hanke